July 2017 update
We have been busy updating. So far this year we've:
- added microwaves to every room
- renewed all ground floor and cottage bathrooms
- added a Fire pit (we provide free firewood) and a gas grill (we provide cooking utensils and free propane)
- replaced all curtains and bedding
- upgraded night stands
- added multi-plugs with USB charging
- begun the process of upgrading our TVs (for example, we now have 48" flat screens in our Queen rooms).
- furnished each room with its own granite-top end table on the patio to provide a place for your drinks or phone while enjoying the fresh air outside.
- added 2 new picnic tables in the back yard for family or group gatherings near the river
In addition, we've installed 7 high-speed wifi networks throughout the facility assuring that every room has a great connection.
We upgraded all the electrical and replaced all the antiquated smoke detectors with new, state-of-the-art hard wired, battery backup, combination smoke and Carbon Monoxide detectors.
We recently replaced all the water heaters effectively doubling our hot water capacity.
Our current upgrade activity includes replacing about 80% of our beds with newer, longer beds. And we intend to convert our 3 upstairs Doubles to Kings during this phase.
On top of this, there are a number of facility projects that have gone on in the background (some are ongoing right now) including asbestos abatement (we are now 100% asbestos-free), foundation repair, electrical service upgrade in the Cottages and Office building, new Cedar siding being installed on the Office building, more chairs for guests to lounge in the flower garden and back yard along the river, repaired leaks in the pool, doubled the capacity of our laundry for quicker turnaround of rooms, safety covers on pool suction inlets, and more. Again, all of this in just 7 months.
We thank all our guests for their feedback, and want them to know that we are steadfast in our mission to provide the best value for the money when it comes to lodging in the White Mountains. While we believe this is an impressive list of accomplishments for only our first 7 months in ownership, we do not intend to stop here. Stay with us and watch as we continue to provide more updates, and soon, brick and mortar additions as we continue to transform The White Mountain Motel and Cottages into a destination spot unto itself.